Salmon & Rice Salad
Salmon contains omega 3 essential fatty acids which are great brain boosters. This rice salad is a healthy meal all in one dish.
- 15 minutes
- 20 minutes
- Best for
- 300g salmon fillet
- A knob of butter
- 200g long grain rice
- 200g frozen garden peas
- 1 red pepper, finely diced
- ½ cucumber, peeled, seeds removed and diced
- 1 small bunch spring onions, finely sliced
- 2 tbsp flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 2 tbsp dill, chopped
- 2 tbsp chives, chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 tsp runny honey
salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Pre heat the oven to 180°C / 350°F
- Put the salmon fillet onto a piece of foil on a baking sheet with a knob of butter.
- Seal the foil to look like a parcel, and cook in the oven for 15 minutes until cooked through.
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool.
- Alternatively you could cut the salmon into chunks, put it into a saucepan and poach in fish stock over a medium to low heat for about 7 minutes or until the fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Cook the rice in boiling salted water, add the peas 4 minutes before the end of the cooking time.
- Drain and refresh in cold water.
- Measure the remaining ingredients into a large bowl.
- Add the cooked rice and peas, then flake in the cold salmon and any juices from the foil.
- Season well, then cover and chill for half an hour before serving.