When your child refuses to eat anything from a spoon, try making these nutritious finger food balls – perfect for tiny hands.
Please log in to view this recipe
Don't have an account?
Join for these great benefits
- Exclusive Recipes and Content
- Insider News
- Vouchers and Offers
- 1 medium potato, unpeeled (approx 150g)
- 70 g salmon fillet
- a squeeze of lemon juice
- a knob of butter
- 2 spring onions, chopped
- 1 tsp sweet chilli sauce (optional)
- 2 tbsp tomato ketchup
- 1/2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp seasoned flour
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 50 g breadcrumbs
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil for frying
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Boil the potato in lightly salted water for 25 to 30 minutes until tender when pierced with atable knife.
- Drain and when cool enough to handle, peel and mash.
- Cook the salmon in the microwave for a couple of minutes with the squeeze of lemon juice and knob of butter. Flake onto a plate and leave to cool slightly.
- Mix the potato with the spring onions, chilli sauce, ketchup, mayonnaise and salt and pepper to taste.
- Fold in the flaked salmon, being careful not to break the fish up too much.
- Take tablespoonfuls of the mixture and form into small cakes. Dust in seasoned flour.
- Heat the oil in a non stick pan and fry the fishcakes for 2 to 3 minutes on each side until golden.
- You can shallow fry the footballs in 2 tbsp of oil but they won’t keep their round shape so well.