The beauty of these fish cakes is that the salmon remains tender & succulent after cooking. Serve with a sweet chilli dip.
Please log in to view this recipe
Don't have an account?
Join for these great benefits
- Exclusive Recipes and Content
- Insider News
- Vouchers and Offers
For the Fishcakes
- 250 g baked potato, peeled & cut into chunks
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 25 g sliced spring onion
- 40 g Cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 tbsp ketchup
- 250 g raw salmon cut into small cubes
- 2 tsp fresh dill chopped
- 60 g fresh breadcrumbs
- salt & pepper
- 100 g dried breadcrumbs for coating
- sunflower oil
For the Dip:
- 3 tbsp mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- Put the chunks of potato into a pan. Cover with boiling water and add a little salt. Cook for 10 to 12 minutes or until tender. Drain and leave to cool down.
- Mix the cooked potato chunks with the mayonnaise, sweet chilli sauce, lemon juice, spring onion, Cheddar and ketchup and roughly mash using a potato masher.
- Mix in the salmon cubes, dill and the fresh breadcrumbs and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Using your hands, form the mixture into about 8 fishcakes. Coat in the dried breadcrumbs.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan and sauté the fishcakes for about 5 minutes, tuning halfway through until golden on both sides.
- Freeze uncooked.