Rice Krispie Cupcakes
These are quick and easy for children to make themselves and would be a lovely treat for your child’s lunchbox. Oats and dried fruits provide a good source of energy to keep you going through the afternoon. If you are worried about the nuts, you can leave these out.
- 150g porridge oats
- 50g Rice Krispies
- 100g cup mixed exotic dried fruits eg: papaya, mango pineapple
- 60g pecan nuts, chopped
- 100g unsalted butter
- 125g golden syrup
- 85g white chocolate, broken into pieces
- In a bowl combine the oats, Rice Krispies, chopped exotic fruits and nuts.
- Put the butter, syrup and white chocolate into a saucepan and heat gently until melted.
- Stir the mixture into the dry ingredients until they are well coated.
- Line a muffin tray with 12 paper cases and divide the mixture between them, pressing down lightly.
- Put in the fridge to set.