Lovely Rice Pudding
Rice pudding is a good baby food recipe if you add some cooked fruit like stewed plums or stir in a little strawberry jam or golden syrup. Alternatively add some chopped dried fruits instead like dried apricots or semi-dried mango, which can be cooked together with the rice. This is a quicker version of making rice pudding, cooking it on the stove rather than in an oven.
- 2 minutes
- 35 minutes
- Best for
- 6 portions
- 50g (2 oz) pudding rice
- 1 pint milk (approx 570 ml)
- 1 - 2 tbsp caster sugar
- 1 vanilla pod or ½ tsp vanilla essence
- Put the rice, milk and sugar in a heavy bottomed saucepan.
- Split the vanilla pod, if usng, and scrape the seeds into the pan, or add the vanilla essence.
- Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat, cover with a lid and simmer for 30 – 35 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Mix with fruit or a topping of your choice such as strawberry jam or fruit puree.