Potato Pizette Bites
Slices of crisp potato make an unusual base for small finger-sized pizzas (pizette).
- 5 minutes
- 25 minutes
- Best for
- 2 portions
- 1 large (200g/7oz) waxy-type potato, skin on and thoroughly washed (desiree or similar)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp tomato sauce (try Annabel's Quick Tomato Sauce Recipe)
- 55g/2oz grated cheddar or mozzarella
- Salt and pepper to season
- Preheat the oven to 200°c/400°F/Gas 6
- Cut 8 large slices of potato, cutting crosswise from the centre of the potato, each around 2mm/1/10 in thick. You won’t need the thinner end bits of the potato but these will keep for up to 2 days in the fridge, covered with cold water, and can be used for mashed or boiled potatoes.
- Brush each potato slice with oil and season with a little salt and pepper. Lay the slices on a baking sheet lined with baking parchment and bake for 10 minutes.
- Turn the slices over and bake for a further 8-10 minutes, until golden and crisp. Watch carefully for the last 2 to 3 minutes.
- Top each potato slice with around 1 tsp tomato sauce and scatter over the cheese. Bake for a further 5-7 minutes, or grill 2-3 minutes, until the cheese has melted. Cool slightly before serving.