Mummy’s Pot Noodle
Always popular with kids, but the ones you buy are really high in salt. It only takes a few minutes to make your own and it’s fun to serve them in a cup, a bit like pot noodles.
- 10 minutes
- 5 minutes
- Best for
- 1 portion
- 70g fine Chinese style dried egg noodles or use straight to wok noodles
- 125ml chicken stock
- 1½ tsp dark soy sauce
- 25g frozen peas
- 35g drained canned or frozen sweetcorn
- 50g cooked chicken, shredded
- ½tsp cornflour
- Cook the noodles according to the packet instructions (or use pre-cooked noodles).
- Drain and set aside.
- Put the stock, soy sauce, peas, sweetcorn and chicken in a pan over a medium heat.
- Bring to a simmer and cook for 2 minutes.
- In a small cup, mix the cornflour with 2 tsp of cold water and add to the contents of the pan then cook, stirring, for a further minute until the liquid thickens slightly.
- Add the noodles and reheat briefly, stirring.