Pasta Stars with Veggie Sauce
This tasty pasta sauce takes only about 10 minutes to prepare. The best way to skin tomatoes is to cut a small cross in the base of the tomatoes using a sharp knife, put them in a bowl, cover with boiling water and leave for about 30 seconds. Drain the tomatoes and transfer to cold water. The skin should then peel away easily.
- Best for
- 3 tbsp Gluten Free Annabel Karmel Organic Pasta Stars, uncooked
- 75g courgette, trimmed and diced
- 20g butter
- 3 medium tomatoes(about 200g) skinned, deseeded and chopped
- 30 g Cheddar cheese grated
- One and half tsp cream cheese
- Cook the pasta according to the instructions on the packet.
- Steam the courgette for 4 to 5 minutes until tender.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan, add the tomatoes and cook over a low heat for 3 minutes or until mushy.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the Cheddar and cream cheese until melted.
- Stir in the courgette and whiz in a blender. Strain the pasta and mix with the sauce.