Pasta Fusilli with Salmon
This is a favourite pasta recipe of mine. A delicious combination of spring vegetables and salmon with pasta fusilli in a light cheese sauce - perfect for kids as well as adults!
- 200g fusilli
- 2 tbsp light olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 100g orange pepper, cut into strips
- 100g broccoli florets
- 1 medium courgette, sliced and cut into semi-circles
- 250g salmon fillets
- 200ml fish stock
- 150g crème fraîche
- 200ml vegetable stock
- 150g tomatoes, skinned, deseeded and cut into chunks
- 75g Parmesan cheese, grated
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Cook the fusilli according to the instructions on the packet.
- Heat the oil in a heavy-based saucepan and sauté the onion and garlic for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the orange pepper, broccoli and courgette and sauté for 6–7 minutes until tender, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, cut the salmon into chunks, put in a saucepan, cover with fish stock and poach over a gentle heat for 3–4 minutes until cooked. Remove from the pan, strain and set aside.
- Stir the crème fraîche and vegetable stock into the cooked vegetables and bring to a simmer.
- Stir in the chopped tomatoes and chunks of salmon and simmer for 2 minutes, then stir in the Parmesan and season to taste.
- Toss the drained fusilli with the sauce, taking care not to break up the chunks of salmon.