Chicken Noodle is always popular with kids, but the ones you buy are really high in salt. It only takes a few minutes to make your own and it’s fun to serve them in a cup, a bit like pot noodles. This chicken noodle recipe would make a good snack after school.
- 10 minutes
- 5 minutes
- Best for
- 150g fine Chinese style dried egg noodles or use straight to wok noodles
- 250ml chicken stock
- 3 tsp dark soy sauce
- 50 g frozen peas
- 75g drained canned or frozen sweetcorn
- 100 g cooked chicken, shredded
- 1tsp cornflour
- 1 spring onion, sliced
- Cook the noodles according to the packet instructions (or use pre-cooked noodles). Drain and set aside. Put the stock, soy sauce, peas, sweetcorn and chicken in a pan over a medium heat. Bring to a simmer and cook for 2 minutes.
- In a small cup, mix the cornflour with 2 teaspoons of cold water and add to the contents of the pan then cook, stirring, for a further minute until the liquid thickens slightly. Add the noodles and spring onion and reheat briefly, stirring.