Vegetarian Mini Muffin Pizzas
It’s an easy and quick vegetarian recipe to make your own mini pizzas using toasted split muffins for the base. You can vary the toppings, maybe adding some cherry tomatoes and sweetcorn instead of the courgette and mushrooms.
- 1 English breakfast muffin cut in half
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 tsp red pesto
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 to 3 button mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 small red onion, sliced
- 1/2 small courgette, thinly sliced
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 50g grated mozzarella or Cheddar cheese
- 1 slice ham or salami cut into pieces (optional for non vegetarians)
- Heat the olive oil in a small frying pan and cook the onion, mushrooms and courgette until softened and becoming golden.
- Season with a little salt and pepper.
- Toast the muffins until golden.
- Mix together the tomato puree and red pesto and spread over the muffins.
- Divide the vegetables between the two halves and scatter the cheese over the top.
- Place under a pre-heated grill for about 4 minutes or until golden and bubbling.