It’s easy to make your own ‘Healthy Fast Food’ like this mini pizza which uses split toasted muffins for the pizza base. Let your child choose his own favourite toppings and he may like to decorate it with a face.
- 5 minutes
- 10 minutes
- Best for
- Half a small red onion, chopped (25 g)
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 2 tsp sundried tomato paste
- 1 tbsp later
- 2 English muffins
- 2 tbsp sweetcorn
- 2 slices of ham
- 25g Mozzarella or grated Cheddar
Suggested Toppings (enough for 2 pizzas)
- Mushrooms, sliced and sautéed in 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 ring pineapple, diced
- Stoned black olives, thinly sliced
- Baby courgette, thinly sluiced and sautéed in 1 tsp olive oil
- Sunblush tomatoes, diced
- 1 rasher cooked bacon, crumbled
- Strips of sweet pepper
- Heat the olive oil and sauté the onion for 3 to 4 minutes. Remove from the heat, stir in the tomato puree, sun dried tomato paste and water and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Split the muffins and toast. Preheat the grill to high and spread the tomato sauce over the muffins. Sprinkle over the ham and sweetcorn and cover with the grated cheese.
- Preheat the grill to high. Cook the pizzas for 4 minutes until the cheese is bubbling and golden. Decorate with your favourite toppings. Allow to cool slightly before serving.