Mild Prawn Curry
This is a delicious aromatic curry perfect for kids and for mum & dad on Valentine's Day. When serving up, arrange the prawns in a heart shape for your loved one.
- 5 minutes
- 30 minutes
- Best for
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- Half green chilli finely diced
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and finely diced
- 1 tbsp garam masala powder
- 1 x 400g tin of chopped tomatoes
- 260 ml water
- 50g creamed coconut
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 tbsp mango chutney
- 450g raw King Prawns
- Approx 300g rice
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan. Fry the onion, garlic, chilli and red pepper for 5 minutes until almost soft.
- Add the garam masala and coat the onion mixture. Add the tinned tomatoes, water, creamed coconut, tomato puree and mango chutney.
- Bring up to the boil, cover with a lid, then simmer for 20 minutes. Add the prawns to the hot sauce with seasoning and stir over the heat until the prawns turn pink and are cooked through.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve with rice cooked according to the instructions on the packet.