Maple Glazed Chicken
This slightly sweet combination of ketchup, maple syrup and smoke paprika should tempt fussy eaters. The paprika gives the chicken a rich flavour and orange hue. A griddle is a very healthy way of cooking as it uses very little fat and keeps the chicken tender and moist. I like to griddle chicken as it is a very healthy way of cooking as it uses very little fat and keeps the chicken tender and moist. You can also griddle vegetables like sliced courgettes, mangetout and sweet peppers alongside.
- 4 skinned chicken breasts
- light olive oil, for griddling
Maple Glaze Marinade
- 5 tbsp vegetable oil
- 5 tbsp tomato ketchup
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 3 tsp sweet smoked paprika
- First flatten the chicken. One good way to do this is to slit the side of a plastic freezer bag, so that you can position the meat inside the cover. Pound the chicken with a heavy mallet or rolling pin, working from the middle outwards to acheive a uniform thickness.
- Whisk together the ingredients for the marinade, pour over the chicken and leave to marinate for at least an hour.
- Heat the griddle and brush with a little olive oil.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade and cook for about 4 minutes each side or until cooked through, basting occasionally. Pour over any extra juices to serve.