Sticky Mango Chicken
The spinach and mango salad that accompanies this dish, is one of my favourite ever salads. I love the combination of baby spinach, fresh mango and dried cranberries. If I am making it for adults or older children, I also like to add toasted pine nuts.
2 chicken breast cut in half
Marinade and Sauce
- 2 tbsp mango chutney
- 1 tbsp dark brown sugar
- Juice of ½ lime
- 1 tsp soy sauce
Freshly ground black pepper
Spinach and Mango Salad
- 100g spinach carefully washed
- ½ large mango, peeled and chopped
- 40g dried cranberries
1 ½ tbsp toasted pine nuts (optional)
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp sugar
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Mix together the mango chutney, sugar, lime juice, soy sauce and pepper.
- Pour this over the chicken and leave to marinate for at least one hour, turning occasionally.
- Pre-heat the grill to medium high.
- Drain the marinade from the chicken and reserve,
- Place the chicken on a baking tray and grill for about 6 minutes.
- Take the chicken out of the grill and spoon over a little of the sauce, then continue to cook for about 3 minutes or until the chicken is turning golden and cooked through.
- Meanwhile, mix together all the ingredients for the salad dressing. In a bowl, combine the spinach, mango and cranberries and toss with the dressing.
- Sprinkle toasted pine nuts on top (if using)