Minty Lamb Koftas
If your toddler is very fussy and just pushing food around his plate, it might be a good idea to try him on finger food.
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- 225g minced lamb
- 20g fresh breadcrumbs (from 1 slice of bread, crusts removed)
- 2 tsp chopped fresh mint leaves
- 1 tsp clear honey
- 1 egg yolk
- 4 pitta bread pockets
- Sliced tomato
- Sliced cucumber
- A pot of Greek yoghurt
- Sauté the onion in the oil for 5-6 mintues, until soft.
- Add the garlic and cumin, and cook for an extra minute, then transfer to a bowl.
- Add the remaining ingredients, season to taste with salt and pepper and mix throughly. For a finer texture pulse everything in a food processor.
- Divide the mixture into eight and form into balls and if possible chill for 1-2 hours.
- Pre-heat the grill to high. Grill the koftas for 8-10 minutes, turning halfway through, until cooked through.
- Cool slightly before serving.