These jelly boats are one of the most popular party foods that I make. Everyone is intrigued to find out how they are made and even the sails are edible!
- 20 minutes plus setting time
- No cooking required
- Best for
- 4 large oranges, halved
- 2 x 135g packets of jelly such as raspberry, strawberry, peach, orange or lime – choose two colours
- 4 sheets edible rice paper
- 16 cocktail sticks
- With a sharp knife, remove the inside flesh of the oranges and carefully scrape out the membrane, taking care not to make a hole in the skin of the oranges. Make up the jelly but follow the instructions using only half the amount of water as you will need a more concentrated jelly to hold its shape. Fill each of the hollow orange halves with jelly right to the top.
- If you like, you can place them in muffin or bun trays to keep them steady. Refrigerate until set and then trim the orange halves so that the skin of the oranges is level with the jelly. Cut the oranges in half again with a sharp knife. Cut triangles out of the rice paper and secure with cocktail sticks (toothpicks) to make sails.