Personalise these Rice Krispie lollipops before giving them to your Valentine’s Day sweetheart.
Please log in to view this recipe
Don't have an account?
Join for these great benefits
- Exclusive Recipes and Content
- Insider News
- Vouchers and Offers
- 55 g butter
- 1 tbsp golden syrup
- 150 g white chocolate, chopped
- 2-3 drops red or pink food colour (optional but gives a nice pink colour)
- 50 g Rice Krispies
- red writing icing
- wooden skewers or lollipop sticks
- Put the butter, syrup and a pinch of salt in a fairly large saucepan, put the chocolate in a large bowl.
- Heat the butter and syrup until the butter has melted then stir in the reed food colour, if using.
- Pour the warm butter over the chocolate and stir until the chocolate has melted. Alternatively stir the chocolate into the butter and syrup mixture until melted.
- Add the Rice Krispies and stir until the Rice Krispies are well coated in the chocolate.
- Press the mixture into a heart shaped lollipop mould, add the lollipop sticks and chill until solid (approx. 2 hours). Remove from the moulds by levering gently with a blunt knife, and decorate with the writing icing.
- If you don’t have a heart shaped pan then line the base of a 20cm x 20cm (8in x 8in) cake tin with baking parchment and press the Rice Krispie and chocolate mixture into the tin.
- Chill until just firm (about 30 minutes) then cut out hearts using a lightly oiled 6cm cookie cutter. Transfer the hearts to a baking sheet and chill until solid and continue as above. Insert a wooden skewer into each to make a lollipop.
- Store the hearts in a cool place, or the refrigerator.