Couscous is low fat and its really quick and easy to prepare. This couscous salad would be good for a lunchbox or After School Snack - one of my tasty healthy recipes.
- Quarter cup 45 g couscous
- 125 ml half cup hot vegetable stock
- 20g one eight cup red pepper, diced
- half a medium carrot quarter cup 20 g
- 2 spring onions, sliced
- 1 tbsp raisins
- one and a half tbsp pine nuts toasted
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- one and a half tsp lemon juice
- half tsp honey
- salt and pepper
Put the couscous in a bowl. Pour over the hot vegetable stock and leave to stand for 10 minutes.
Fluff up the couscous with a fork. Stir in the diced vegetables, raisins and pine nuts.
Whisk together the ingredients for the dressing and stir into the couscous. Season to taste.
Makes 1 portion/td>