The oats in these incredibly moreish flapjacks give a slow energy release for your child and the dried fruit is full of fibre. They will keep children going on busy days. These are also fun for children to make themselves.
- 85g butter
- 90g brown sugar
- 55g golden syrup
- 100g rolled oats
- 30g Rice Krispies
- ¼ tsp salt
- 40g desiccated coconut
- 30g chopped dried apricots (ready to eat)
- 30g cranberries
- 30g raisins
- 40g chopped pecans (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 170°C/325°F
- Line a 20cm square tin with baking parchment, with the parchment coming up the sides.
- Put the butter, sugar and golden syrup in a large saucepan.
- Heat gently, stirring occasionally, until the butter and sugar have melted.
- Remove from the heat and mix in the remaining ingredients.
- Spoon into the prepared tin and press out in an even layer (a potato masher is useful for this!)
- Bake for 25 minutes, until golden around the edges.
- Cool completely, then lift out of the tin and cut into 12 small bars.
- You may need to store these in the fridge.