Fruity Chicken Curry with Pasta
Whilst a very hot chicken curry may not hit the spot for babies, a mild and creamy one is often popular. Dried apricots are rich in betacarotene and also contain iron and korma paste has a slightly sweet flavour which is ideal for younger palates.
- 8 minutes
- 20 minutes
- Best for
- 60 g baby pasta shells
- 2 tsp sunflower oil
- 50g onion, finely diced
- ¼ tsp fresh ginger, grated
- 2 tsp mild korma curry paste
- 150ml chicken stock
- 100ml coconut milk
- 15g dried apricots, roughly chopped
- 50g butternut squash, finely diced
- 75g chicken breast, chopped into small pieces.
- Cook the pasta according to the instructions on the packet.
- Drain the pasta.
- Heat the oil in a saucepan.
- Add the onion and ginger and sauté for 5 minutes.
- Add the curry paste, then the stock and coconut milk.
- Add the apricots and squash.
- Bring to the boil, then simmer, covered, for 10 minutes until the squash is tender.
- Whiz until smooth, using a hand blender.
- Fry the chicken for 3 - 4 minutes, then add the sauce.
- Finally, stir in the drained pasta.