Oats release energy slowly so they’ll keep kids going on busy days. This recipe is incredibly moreish & easy to make – even kids can help out.
Please log in to view this recipe
Don't have an account?
Join for these great benefits
- Exclusive Recipes and Content
- Insider News
- Vouchers and Offers
- 85 g butter
- 90 g brown sugar
- 55 g golden syrup
- 100 g rolled oats
- 30 g Rice Krispies
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 40 g desiccated coconut
- 30 g chopped dried apricots (ready to eat)
- 30 g cranberries
- 30 g raisins
- 40 g chopped pecans (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 170°C/325°F
- Line a 20cm square tin with baking parchment, with the parchment coming up the sides.
- Put the butter, sugar and golden syrup in a large saucepan.
- Heat gently, stirring occasionally, until the butter and sugar have melted.
- Remove from the heat and mix in the remaining ingredients.
- Spoon into the prepared tin and press out in an even layer (a potato masher is useful for this!)
- Bake for 25 minutes, until golden around the edges.
- Cool completely, then lift out of the tin and cut into 12 small bars.
- You may need to store these in the fridge.