These are also delicious served with Annabel's hidden vegetable sauce or with steamed vegetables such as carrrots and broccoli.
If meatballs fall apart while frying then try reducing the breadcrumbs or adding a bit of milk to moisten.
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 200g lean minced beef
- 45g fresh white breadcrumbs (2 medium slices of bread)
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley
- 15g Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 1 tsp tomato purée
- ½ small eating apple
- ¼ unsalted stock cube, crumbled
- 1 egg, beaten
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- Heat the oil in a saucepan and sauté the onion for 3 minutes, stirring until softened. Add the garlic and sauté for 30 seconds. Set aside to cool.
- Mix together the beef, breadcrumbs, parsley, Paremsan, tomato purée, apple and stock cube. Stir in the sautéed onion and garlic, and add the beaten egg to bind.
- Form the mixture into 25 mini meatballs. Heat the vegetable oil in a frying pan and sauté, until browned and cooked inside. Drain on kitchen paper.