Please log in to view this recipe
Don't have an account?
Join for these great benefits
- Exclusive Recipes and Content
- Insider News
- Vouchers and Offers
- 110 g plain flour
- pinch of salt (optional)
- 1 egg
- 300 ml milk
- 15 g melted butter
- sunflower or canola oil for frying
- Stir the flour and salt together in a large bowl. Make a well in the centre, then add the eggs plus half of the milk.
- Stir to make a very thick, lump free batter using a wooden spoon, then beat in the remaining milk followed by the melted butter or just whiz all the ingredients in a blender
- Heat a non stick frying pan (approx 20cm/8 inch) on medium heat and grease lightly with oil.
- Pour approximately 3 tbsp of batter into the pan, tilting so that there is a thin coating on the base of the pan.
- Cook for 1 to 1 ½ minutes until golden brown, then flip with a spatula (or toss if you dare !) and cook a further minute.
- Serve with sugar and lemon or maple syrup or one of the fillings featured in this book.
- Transfer to a plate. The crepes can be stacked with squares of greaseproof paper or baking parchment in between.