Ciabatta Sandwich Loaf
This recipe makes a quick sandwich to enjoy on a summer picnic! For a light lunch you can also bake it in the oven for 20 minutes so the cheese melts.
- 15 minutes
- 20 minutes
- Best for
- 2 red peppers
- 1 ciabatta loaf
- 2 tbsp sundried tomato paste
- 2 large tomatoes, sliced
- 1 mozzarella ball, sliced
- 30g parmesan cheese, grated
- 10 basil leaves
- Preheat the oven to 400F. Slice the peppers in half lengthways and remove the seeds. Place on a baking tray cut side down and roast for 20 minutes or until the skins are brown. Put the peppers in a bowl, cover with clingfilm and leave to cool.
- Peel the skins off the peppers.
- Slice the ciabatta in half lengthways and remove some of the dough.
- Spread the sundried tomato paste on both sides of the bread, then arrange the tomatoes on the base of the bread with the mozzarella, parmesan and basil leaves.
- Season well, and add the peppers, followed by the top half of the bread.
- Wrap in clingfilm and leave in the fridge for one hour. When ready to serve, slice the loaf into eight.