Chocolate Egg Nests
Children will love popping the mini eggs into the cooled nests before crunching into them. You can use shredded wheat instead of Rice Krispies to add wholegrain to these Chocolate Egg Nests.
- 10 minutes
- No cooking required
- Best for
- 85g Rice Krispies
- 75g milk chocolate
- 75g plain chocolate
- 50g butter
- 2 tbsp golden syrup
- mini candy coated eggs
- Place the Rice Krispies in a bowl.
- Break the chocolate into pieces and put into a saucepan together with the butter and golden syrup and melt over a gentle heat.
- Line two baking sheets with foil or non stick baking paper.
- Stir the Rice Krispies into the chocolate mixture and spoon eight mounds onto the baking sheets, shaping into rounds with a dip in the centre.
- Chill in the fridge for several hours until set, then peel off the nests carefully and fill with mini eggs.