Kids will enjoy assembling a chicken wrap themselves. I think that being involved in making their own food can encourage fussy eaters to try eating new.
- 10 minutes plus 30 minutes marinating
- 7 minutes
- Best for
- 2 skinned chicken breasts
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil, for frying
- 4 large flour tortillas
- 4 tomatoes, seeded and cut into strips
- a handful of shredded iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 4 tbsp mayonnaise
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to season
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, lightly crushed
- 1 tbsp dark soy sauce dark
- 1 tbsp clear honey
- 1/2 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- Score the chicken breasts a few times with a sharp knife and season with a little salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Mix together all the ingredients for the marinade and marinate the chicken for about 30 minutes.
- Brush a griddle pan with oil, remove the chicken from the marinade and, when the griddle is hot, griddle the chicken for 3 minutes each side, or until cooked through.
- Then cut into strips and set aside.
- Heat each tortilla for 10 seconds in a microwave or in a hot dry frying pan for 15 seconds, one at a time.
- Spread each one with 1 tablespoon of mayonnaise and arrange the chicken strips in a line down on side of the tortilla, about 4 cm from the edge of the tortilla, with parallel lines of shredded lettuce down one side and tomato strips down the other.
- Roll up and cut each tortilla in half and wrap in foil to serve.