Chicken with Carrots & Apple Purée
Introduce your baby to chicken with this tasty chicken purée recipe. The carrots and apple add sweetness and flavour to the chicken and give it a smooth texture, which is eays to swallow.
- 7 minutes
- 25 minutes
- Best for
- 5 portions
Suitable for freezing
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 small onion, peeled and chopped
- 350g/12oz carrots, peeled and sliced
- 250ml/8 fl oz unsalted chicken stock or use water with a bay leaf
- 1 chicken breast (approx. 125g/4oz)
- 1 small apple, cored, peeled and chopped
- Heat the olive oil in a saucepan and sauté the onion until softened.
- Add the sliced carrots, pour over the chicken stock or water and bay leaf and bring to the boil.
- Reduce the heat, then cover and cook for 10 minutes.
- Cut the chicken into pieces and add to the carrots together with the chopped apple, and continue to cook for 10 minutes.
- Remove the bay leaf if necessary.
- Puree in a blender and then spoon some of the puree into your baby’s bowl and serve lukewarm.
- Freeze the remainder in individual portions.