Rolled Chicken Quesadilla
Chicken Quesadilla are made by cooking ingredients inside a tortilla wrap, they can be filled with a variety of ingredients and are a great way to hide vegetables! You can either sandwich the filling between two tortillas or roll over like we have here. I find that children tend to eat food inside tortillas that they would never eat otherwise. This toasted chicken wrap would make a healthy lunch idea.
- 8 minutes
- 10 minutes
- Best for
- ½ tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 skinless chicken breast, sliced into small strips
- ½ onion, sliced
- ¼ red pepper, cut into thin slices
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- ½ tsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp mild salsa
- 2 large tortillas
- 60g Cheddar, grated
- Pre-heat a grill to high.
- Heat the oil in a wok or large frying pan and stir fry the chicken for 2 minutes.
- Add the onion and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the pepper and cook for 2–3 minutes.
- Add the balsamic vinegar and sugar and cook for 1 minute.
- Spread 1 tablespoon of salsa over half of each tortilla and sprinkle over half the cheese.
- Divide the chicken mixture between the two tortillas. Roll up and arrange in the dish.
- Sprinkle with the rest of the cheese.
- Grill for 1 1/2–2 minutes each side to warm the tortilla and melt the cheese.