End your week with a Fajita Friday for the family. Kids will love filling their own wraps before tucking in.
Please log in to view this recipe
Don't have an account?
Join for these great benefits
- Exclusive Recipes and Content
- Insider News
- Vouchers and Offers
For the Fajitas:
- 2 tsp tomato ketchup
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp water
- 1/2 tsp brown sugar
- pinch of dried oregano
- 2 drops Tabasco (optional)
- 1 tsp sunflower oil
- 1 chicken breast fillet (approx 125g) sliced into thin strips
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 small red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/4 small yellow pepper, thinly sliced
- 2 flour tortillas
- 2 tbsp mild salsa (use recipe below or a shop bought salsa)
- 4 tsp soured cream
- 1 tbsp guacamole (optional)
To make the Mild Salsa:
- 1 large tomato (100g), thinly sliced
- 1 spring onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tsp chopped coriander (or to taste)
- 1 tsp fresh lime juice
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Mix the ketchup, balsamic vinegar, water, sugar, oregano and Tabasco (if using) together in a small bowl and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a large pan or wok and stir-fry the chicken for 2 minutes.
- Add the vegetables and stir-fry for a further 3 to 4 minutes, until the chicken has cooked through and the vegetables have softened slightly.
- Add the ketchup mixture and cook, stirring for a further one minute. Then remove from the heat.
- To make the salsa, mix all of the ingredients together in a small bowl and season to taste with salt and pepper. Cover and chill until needed – it will keep for up to 2 days in the fridge.
- Warm the tortillas for 10 to 15 seconds in a microwave, or for 20 seconds each in a dry frying pan. Spoon the fajita filling down the centre of the wrap and spoon over the salsa plus the soured cream and guacamole (if using).
- Roll up and serve immediately.
- Any leftover filling will keep, covered in the fridge, for up to 2 days. Reheat for around one minute in a microwave, until piping hot.