Kids Fruity Chicken Curry
Simple to make, but with a delicious mild, fruity curry chicken flavour. If you like you could add some baby sweetcorn. Its great served with poppadums and fluffy white rice.
- 10 minutes
- 20 minutes
- Best for
Suitable for freezing
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 onion peeled and chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 small carrot cut into matchsticks
- 1 medium apple, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 chicken breasts, cut into bite sized chunks
- 1 tbsp korma curry paste
- ½ tbsp mango chutney
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 100g frozen peas
- 150 ml coconut milk
- 1 chicken stock cube dissolved in 150 ml boiling water
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Heat the oil in a wok or frying pan and sauté the onion and carrot for 3 minutes.
- Add the garlic and sauté for half a minute.
- Add the apple and stir fry for 3 minutes.
- Add the chicken and stir fry for 4 minutes
- Add the Korma curry paste, mango chutney, tomato puree, frozen peas, coconut milk and chicken stock and simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Season to taste.