Chicken & Corn Chowder
My three children love this soup!. It's great to include this in a flask in your child’s lunchbox when the weather gets cold. For a vegetarian option; leave out the shredded chicken and use vegetable stock. Sweetcorn is a wholegrain as well as a vegetable and research shows that regularly consuming wholegrain foods reduces the risk of heart disease and certain cancers by 30%.
- 10 minutes
- 20 minutes
- Best for
- 15g/1 tbsp butter
- 1 large shallot, finely chopped
- 1 medium potato, peeled and diced into 1cm cubes
- 2 x 198g cans sweet corn, drained
- 650ml of chicken stock
- 6 tbsp double cream
- 50g shredded cooked chicken
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley (optional), to serve
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan and sauté the shallot for 5 minutes, until soft.
- Add the potato, sweet corn and stock, bring up to a simmer and cook until the potato is soft.
- Blend half of this mixture until smooth, then return to the pan and stir in the double cream.
- Season to taste.
- Stir in the shredded chicken. Serve with a little chopped parsley (optional).