Salmon fishcakes are a classic for a good reason; they're easy to make, satisfying to eat and taste delicious. I make these for a light weekend lunch or a quick and tasty weekday supper. Children will love dunking these yummy fishcakes into the sweet chilli dip.
- 250g cooked potato (approx 250g potatoes peeled and cut into chunks)
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 ½ tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 20g sliced spring onion
- 35g Cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 tbsp ketchup
- 250g raw salmon cut into small cubes
- 60g fresh breadcrumbs or 15 g dried breadcrumbs
- Salt and pepper(100g dried breadcrumbs for coating)
- Sunflower oil for frying the fish cakes
- 3 tbsp Mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp Sweet Chilli Sauce
Put the chunks of potato into a pan. Cover with boiling water and add a little salt. Cook for 10 to 12 minutes or until tender. Drain and leave to cool down.
Mix together with the mayonnaise, sweet chilli sauce, spring onion, grated Cheddar and ketchup and roughly mash using a potato masher. Mix in the salmon cubes and breadcrumbs and season to taste.
Using your hands, form the mixture into about 8 fish cakes. Coat in the dried breadcrumbs. Heat some oil in a large frying pan and sauté for about 5 minutes, turning halfway through until golden on both sides.
To make the dip simply mix together the mayonnaise and sweet chilli sauce.
- Prep time 15 minutes
- Cook time 20 minutes
- Suitable for freezing uncooked
- MAKES 8 FISH CAKES