Barbecue Teriyaki Chicken Burger
I've perfected this Teriyaki Chicken Burger recipe after much trying and testing on enthusiastic friends and family! Great burgers like these are at the heart of a great barbecue and this is a great alternative to the traditional beef burger.
- 10 minutes
- 24 minutes
- Best for
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp hoisin sauce
- 1 tbsp honey
- ¼ tsp freshly grated ginger
- ½ red onion (55g) chopped
- ½ tsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 225g minced chicken
- 20g breadcrumbs
- 1 tsp chopped parsley
- Mix together the soy, hoisin, honey and ginger and set aside.
- Sauté red onion for 6 to 7 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Transfer to a bowl and cool slightly, then mix in the chicken. Add half a crumbled stock cube, breadcrumbs, parsley and salt and pepper to taste.
- Form into 4 Burgers.
- Arrange the chicken burgers in a barbecue basket
- Cook over medium hot coals for 5 minutes each side, until cooked thoroughly. Medium hot coals means you should be able to hold your hand over the BBQ comfortably for 10 seconds. Brush tops with teriyaki sauce, turn and cook 1 minute, brush with sauce again, turn and cook a further minute. Repeat brushing and turning once more on each side then serve.