These mini banana muffins are made with good wholesome ingredients and are just perfect for little fingers…
- 1 medium egg
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 55g soft light brown sugar
- 1 large, very ripe banana, well mashed
- 55ml sunflower oil
- 85g wholemeal flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp bicarbonate soda
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- Pinch salt (omit for under one years)
- Preheat oven to 180c/160c fan. Line 2 mini muffin tins with mini muffin liners.
- Beat the eggs and sugar together until thick, stir in the banana and oil.
- Sift on the flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda, cinnamon and salt (if using). Then add the vanilla extract and bran left in the sieve, to the bowl too.
- Stir together until just combined.
- Spoon into muffin cases (around 2/3 full) and bake 12-14 minutes, until risen and firm to the touch. Remove and cool.
- Store in an airtight box for up to 3 days or freeze (defrost at room temp approx 1 hour).