Baked Potato Snowman
This cute baked potato is shaped like a snowman and a very fun festive Christmas recipe.
- 15 minutes
- 55 minutes
- Best for
- 1 x 250g potato (oval)
- 1 x 90g potato (round)
- 180g butternut squash peeled
- 1 to 2 tbsp parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 baby carrots
- Frozen peas
- A slice of red pepper
- A little cream cheese
- Prick the potatoes with a fork. Cook the potatoes in the microwave for 10 to 12 minutes on full power or in the oven for 45 minutes to 1 hour 200C/400 F (Gas 6) until cooked through in the middle
- Cut a thin slice off the bases of the potatoes. Scoop out some of the cooked potato, making sure you leave a 1.5cm border.
- Slice the butternut squash into small cubes. Cook in boiling water for 8 to 10 minutes until soft. Mix half of the squash with the scooped out potato flesh and mash together. Season to taste and add the parmesan cheese.
- Stuff both of the potatoes with the squash mixture.
- Put the large potato onto a plate and put the small potato on top to make the snowman’s head. Attach a small baby carrot for the nose and for the hat, attach peas for the eyes and for the buttons (you could use a dab of cream cheese as glue) and cut a smiley shaped mouth from a strip of red pepper.