Baked Potato Mice
These baked potato mice are almost too gorgeous to eat! A great way to get fussy eaters interested in eating baked potatoes.
- 4 medium baking potatoes (approx 225g each)
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 30 g butter
- 5 tbsp milk
- 60g grated Cheddar cheese
- Salt and pepper, to season
- 4 small Cherry tomatoes
- 4 Radishes
- Spring onions
- Wash the potatoes and pat dry. Prick them all over with a fork and put on a baking tray. Brush them over with the oil.
- Bake the potatoes in an oven preheated to 200°C/400°F oven for about an hour until they are soft.
- Once potatoes are cool enough to handle, cut the tops off and carefully scoop out the soft potato centres.
- Mash the soft centres with the butter, milk, three quaters of the cheese, salt and pepper. Then pop the mixture back into the potato jackets.
- Sprinkle the remaining cheese on the potatoes and cook under the grill for a few minutes until golden.
- Make a nose and whiskers with half a tomato held in place with a cocktail stick and chives tucked behind.
- Finish decorating with raisin eyes, radish ears and spring onion tails.