Avocado & Pine Nut Salad
A healthy breastfeeding recipe for mums. It’s good to keep a salad like this in the fridge to dip into as a healthy snack any time you feel hungry.
- 5 minutes
- 4 minutes
- Best for
- 50g/2oz pine nuts
- 100g/4oz French beans, halved
- 2 plum tomatoes, halved and cut into slices or 100g/4oz cherry tomatoes
- 200g/7oz mixed salad leaves
- 1 medium ripe avocado
- 2 hard boiled eggs, each cut into 6 wedges
- 100g / 4oz tinned sweetcorn
- 2 tbsp light olive oil
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp caster sugar
- 1/2 tbsp soy sauce
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Lightly toast the pine nuts in a dry frying pan until lightly golden.
- Blanch the beans in boiling lightly salted water for 3-4 minutes or until just tender.
- Make the dressing by whisking together the oil, vinegar, caster sugar and soy sauce and season to taste.
- Stir in the blanched beans and the tomatoes and sweetcorn.
- Arrange the salad leaves in a dish, cut the avocado in half, remove the stone and skin, cut into thin slices and arrange on top of the salad leaves with the eggs.
- Spoon over the tomatoes, beans and dressing, and finish by scattering over the pine nuts.