Apricot & White Chocolate Cereal Bars
It’s a good idea to combine oats with Kellogg's Rice Krispies. These chewy bars provide a good source of fibre, iron and vitamin A, and they taste delicious. This is like an unbaked flapjack and is much softer and moister than a normal flapjack. You can leave out the pecans if you prefer. They are very quick and easy to make, need no baking and children will enjoy making these with you. If you like, you can toast the oats under the grill until lightly golden before you mix them with Kellogg's Rice Krispies
- 10 minutes
- No cooking required
- Best for
- 150g Jumbo rolled oats
- 50g Kellogg's Rice Krispies
- 50g dried apricots, chopped
- 50g chopped pecans (optional)
- 100g unsalted butter
- 85g golden syrup
- 75g white chocolate broken into pieces
- A pinch of salt
- Combine the oats, Rice Krispies chopped apricots and pecans in a mixing bowl.
- Put the butter, golden syrup, white chocolate and a pinch of salt in a large saucepan and heat gently, stirring occasionally until melted together.
- Stir the oat and Rice Krispie mixture into the melted chocolate mixture until well coated.
- Press the mixture into a shallow 28 X 18 cm (11 X 7”) lined tin using a potato masher to level the surface.
- Store in the fridge to set. Cut into bars and keep these in the fridge.