Marshmallow Sheep Cupcakes
Bake regular sized and mini cupcakes and decorate these party cupcakes to make little marshmallow sheep. As featured on GMTV.
- 10 minutes
- No cooking required
- Best for
- Marshmallow Sheep
- 6 large white marshmallows
- mini white marshmallows
- tube of black Writing Icing
- 100g butter, softened
- 225g icing sugar, sieved
- 1 tbsp water
- To make the buttercream, sift the icing sugar. Beat the butter until creamy in an electric mixer, then gradually beat in the icing sugar. Finally beat in the tablespoon of water.
- Spread a layer of buttercream over the cupcakes using a palette knife and making a small mound of buttercream in the centre.
- Cut the mini marshmallows in half. Arrange them in two circles around the edge of the cakes.
- Cut the large marshmallows in half. Place one half on top of the mound of buttercream for the face.
- Cut the other half of the marshmallow in half again and place on either side of the sheep’s face for the ears – the marshmallow ears will stick naturally as the cut sides of the marshmallows are very sticky. Arrange some halved mini marshmallows on the top and behind the sheep’s head.
- Draw eyes and noses on the sheep’s face using the black Writing Icing.