Good foods for your baby
• Starchy foods including bread, pasta, rice, cereal and potato – these provide a good source of energy.
• Lean red meat – this provides the best source of iron.
• Calcium rich foods like cheese and yoghurt – these are important for healthy bones and teeth. Babies this age should have at least 600ml (20fl oz) fortified infant milk a day however a portion of the milk intake can come from dairy products like yoghurt or dishes like cauliflower cheese or rice pudding.
• Eggs, cooked until the white and yolk are solid - these are a good source of protein.
• Plenty of fresh fruit and vegetables – these provide important vitamins and minerals.
• Oily fish like salmon, tuna and sardines are important for brain and visual development.