What your 6 months old baby may be doing
Most babies can:
• Roll from front to back and back to front
• Imitate some of your sounds
• Stand up when supported and bounce up and down using his knees.
May be able to:
• Reach for objects and puts them in his mouth
• Use both hands together and pass an object from one hand to the other
• Sit without support
• Use a two-handled cup to drink
• Feed himself foods that are easy to pick up like cucumber sticks or fingers of toast.
A few babies can:
• Pull up to standing position from sitting
• Begin to get from A to B by rolling, creeping forward (pushing with his legs and pulling with his arms) or may even start crawling
• Pick up a small object like a raisin
• Combine syllables and say things like mama or dada
• Try to get a toy out of reach by bending or twisting at the waist or dragging it towards him.