With Christmas getting closer and closer (I can’t believe there are only 20 days to go) my list of things to do is getting longer and longer! Christmas holidays will be starting very soon, so here is a list of ideas you might want to try:
- Make lists for everything; food needed, presents, everything you will need and everything you have already bought. By writing it all down you are less likely to double up on anything, or forget something.
- Home made Christmas cards - getting your children to draw or paint plain cards make a lovely personal greeting.
- Make meals in advance - cooking a few simple family dishes such as lasagna or chicken casserole to put in your freezer, will save you having to think about meals after Christmas when cooking is the last thing you want to do.
- Making Christmas biscuits to decorate the tree can be a fun activity for the whole family. If you have younger children you could make the biscuits in advance and get them to help decorate the biscuits.
- Collect some pine cones, you can then decorate them by painting them different colours or pretend they are mini Christmas trees, by sticking sequins and glitter to the ‘branches’.
- Home made Christmas presents are a great way to get your kids feeling Christmassy; some ideas include chocolates, jewellery - using beads and ribbons, key rings and potpourri.
- Make colourful Christmas garlands by stringing cranberries and popcorn together, using thick cotton and a large needle.
- Put together jars with the ingredients for cookies in, to give to teachers as Christmas presents.
Charlotte, AK Team x
For more Christmas and party recipes ideas, you can now download the Party Pack on Annabel’s bestselling app. (Available from Google Play & App Store)
Join now for exclusive content from Annabel Karmel
- Win fabulous prizes
- Exclusive & delicious recipes
- Great competitions & offers