Baby Information - Stimulating play
• A mobile attached to your baby’s cot so it turns around above her head with bright contrasting colours will attract her gaze.
• See if your baby can communicate - hold her about 30cm (12in) away from your face and poke your tongue out. See if she tries to mimic you.
• Talk and sing to her.
• Let her grasp your finger with her hand.
• Tie lengths of brightly coloured ribbon onto the long handle of a wooden spoon and gently wave them from side to side in front of your baby this will help develop her visual tracking and as she gets older she will try to catch the ribbons.
• From birth your baby can see strongly contrasting images like black and white stripes or spirals or bright contrasting colours like red, yellow and blue, so show her pictures and colourful toys like these.