Stir-fries are the ultimate dinner when busy days call for quick meals. As a tip, toss the chicken in honey before frying for a succulent sweet flavour.
Please log in to view this recipe
Don't have an account?
Join for these great benefits
- Exclusive Recipes and Content
- Insider News
- Vouchers and Offers
- 2 tbsp ollive oil, plus a little extra for frying
- 2 chicken breasts, sliced into strips
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 red pepper, deseeded & sliced
- 1 yellow pepper, deseeded & sliced
- 1 courgette, sliced into batons
- 250 g brown mushrooms, thickly sliced
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp hoisin sauce
- Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a frying pan or wok. Toss the chicken in the honey and season, then stir fry over a high heat for 3 to 4 minutes until golden and cooked through. Transfer to a plate.
- Heat the remaining oil in the frying pan or wok, add the onion and fry for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the garlic, peppers and courgette and fry for 3 minutes, then add the cooked chicken.
- Heat a little oil in another frying pan and fry the mushrooms for 3 minutes until just cooked. Add these to the other vegetables along with the oyster sauce, soy sauce and hoisin sauce and season to taste. Toss together and heat through.