A Hearty Breakfast
Kick-start your morning with sunny-side eggs & toast, a classic combo to feed your family. What’s more, it’s ready in minutes so you don’t have to spend hours in the kitchen.
Please log in to view this recipe
Don't have an account?
Join for these great benefits
- Exclusive Recipes and Content
- Insider News
- Vouchers and Offers
- 1 thick slice of white bread
- a generous knob of butter
- a little salt & pepper
- Cut a hole in the centre of the bread using a heart-shaped cookie cutter about 3” wide at its widest point. Melt half the butter in a small frying pan and sauté the bread on one side until golden. Turn the bread over and melt the remaining butter in the heart-shaped cut-out, break the egg into it and season lightly.
- Cook, covered for about 2 minutes until the egg is cooked to mum’s liking. You can also dip the cut-out heart in a little egg and sauté that too.